Become a Member
Become a Member of NIEA
NIEA is the only national organization advocating for improved educational opportunities to enable all Native students to thrive in the classroom and beyond. Founded in 1969 by Native educators, NIEA equips all advocates with the knowledge and tools needed to support Native students in reaching their full potential. As a member you support NIEA’s capacity to provide better services for our American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian (AI, AN, NH) students and their advocates.
NIEA is a member driven organization, eligible voting members (Alaska Native, Native Hawaiians, and American Indians over the age of 18) guide NIEA’s policy work through resolutions and elect members to the NIEA Board of Directors. NIEA memberships are annual memberships and run through the calendar year.
Membership Pricing and Benefits
Basic Level Membership: $80
- Members Only Webinars
- Members Only Broadcasts Introduced in January 2017.
- Membership First Invitations to NIEA Events (Convention, Legislative Summit, NIEA Webinars, and NIEA World Cafes).
Professional Membership: $150
- Benefits include all Basic level benefits.
- Professional Members will receive a discount on Continuing Education Units (CEUs) during NIEA Convention or through professional development trainings provided by NIEA.
- Professional Members will be invited to participate in NIEA Networking events and will receive a discount on NIEA resources.
- Professional Members will receive a membership card.
Premium Membership: $200
- Benefits include all Basic/Professional level benefits.
- $200 discount on registration for NIEA Convention.
- Eligible for preview and priority registration at NIEA Convention registration, webinar registration, World Café registration, and Head to the Hill registration.
- Eligible for customized webinars for Advocacy and Professional Development trainings.
- Will receive special designation on our website and at NIEA Convention.
- Premium Members will receive a membership card.