Reports aim to deepen our understanding around education issues, promising practices, and innovative strategies. NIEA provides links to reports which focus on Native students and communities.
- Achievement Gap Patterns of Grade 8 American Indian and Alaska Native Students in Reading and Mathematics, 2009, by Nelson, Greenough, & Sage (REL Northwest)
- American Indian & Alaska Natives in the United States Map. Map shows the 2010 Census AI/AN areas and statistics.
- American Indian and Alaska Native Students in U.S. High Schools (Fact Sheet), 2008, Alliance for Excellent Education
- NEW! America’s Children: Key National Indicators of Well-Being, 2013 Report of 41 indicators on aspects of children’s lives, including family and social environment, economic circumstances, health care, physical environment and safety, behavior, education, and health.
- NEW! The Condition of Education 2013. Annual report of the key indicators of the condition of education in the U.S., including employment rates, kindergarten entry status, rural education, and financing postsecondary education.
- Consolidated State Performance Reports. State reports for school years 2005-06 to present. 2003-04 to 2004-05 reports also available.
- Digest of Education Statistics. Compilation of education statistics data from prekindergarten through graduate school including the number of schools, colleges, teachers, enrollments and graduates; educational attainment; finances and federal funds for education and libraries; and population trends, attitudes about education, education characteristics of the labor force, government finances and economic trends.
- EdFacts. Reports of K-12 educational performance including school and district demographics, enrollment by race/ethnicity, schools making adequate yearly progress, state annual measureable objectives targets, state and NAEP assessment performance, high school graduation and dropout, Advanced Placement participation, college enrollment, and economic per-pupil data.
- High School State Report Cards. Statistical snapshots for each state and the nation containing economic information, high school graduation and college completion rates by race, the number of “dropout factory” schools in the state, and academic achievement. Maintained by the Alliance for Excellent Education.
- NEW! Indicators of School Crime and Safety: 2012. National student statistics regarding the availability of drugs and the rates of marijuana and alcohol use, cyberbullying, fighting, being threatened/injured, and weapons carrying.
- National Center for Education Statistics. Annual reports of U.S. education statistics including the condition of education, federal support, high school dropout and completion, educational indicators, school crime and safety, and future projections.
- National Indian Education Study. Two-part study about AI/AN education presents assessment results for grades 4 and 8 reading and mathematics and survey results from Native students, teachers, and school administrators about school climate and cultural experiences.
- Native American Statistics Project. Harvard University Native American Program statistical reports on American Indian education, populations, families, births, deaths, housing, employment, income, economics, language, and health.
- NEW! The State of Education for Native Students. Update of national data on the schools Native students attend, their achievement, and their educational attainment by The Education Trust.
- Status and Trends in the Education of American Indians and Alaska Natives. 2008 report of AI/AN education conditions and trends in demographics, enrollment, persistence, effort, academics, achievement, educational and social environments, postsecondary education enrollment and graduation, and social and economic outcomes. The 2005 report is also available.
- U.S. Education Dashboard. U.S. Department of Education report of progress for the nation and each state toward the President’s 2020 college attainment goal of having the world’s highest proportion of college graduates.